1. Leslie
    September 12, 2017 @ 4:32 pm

Thank you for sharing all this, Shannon. I personally know how hard that journey is and how heart-breaking it can be – not once, but over and over again each day. You are a fabulous and strong woman, and I hope you know that I’ve got your back and wish you nothing but all the joy and luck in the world <3

• Shannon Shipman
      September 14, 2017 @ 7:11 am

thank you so much leslie!! love you girl!! xoxox

2. Mackenzie
    September 12, 2017 @ 4:38 pm

You are so brave for sharing my love!! And you’re so right – Instagram isn’t always what it seems. Having seen my mother go through breast cancer, I know your decision to get a double mastectomy couldn’t have been an easy one… My mom made the same decision. The good news is that what we go through makes us stronger and you are such a strong person. Thank you for sharing your story. Praying for you <3 <3

Mackenzie

• Shannon Shipman
      September 14, 2017 @ 7:10 am

thanks mackenzie!! we need to meet up for dinner/cocktails soon!!!

3. Cathclaire
    September 12, 2017 @ 11:32 pm

Thank you so much for sharing this post. We are here to support each other!! Let’s do it!! xo

Cathclaire | The Crystal Press

4. Shannon
    September 13, 2017 @ 12:11 am

I love posts like this. They’re vulnerable & so relateable and something the internet needs more of. Thanks for getting personal. I can understand how heartbreaking it was, but admire your strength and optimism. It kind of makes Instagram a fun little beautiful place to find peace. Sending you love! x Shannon || http://www.champagneatshannons.com

• Shannon Shipman
      September 14, 2017 @ 7:10 am

thank you shannon – they are so hard to send out in to the universe though – but your right instagram is a place where I can control beautiful peace 🙂

5. Sarah Hunt Hinson
    September 13, 2017 @ 5:33 pm

I’m so amazed by your strength and poise, dear friend! Thank you for sharing your story and being so open with your experience with BRCA & fertility. You inspire me everyday with your courage and attitude. Thank you for helping me through our fertility struggles too. Sending lots of love! Xoxo

• Shannon Shipman
      September 14, 2017 @ 7:09 am

love you sarah!!!!! so many hugs down to you!!!!

6. Anna Smith
    September 19, 2017 @ 10:10 pm

Love, love this message, babe! Definitely a good reminder for us all 🙂

xo Anna Elizabeth

7. Nicole
    September 21, 2017 @ 11:51 am

Thank you for sharing such a personal story. I am truly touched by your experience. I agree that while IG can be beautiful to look at and serves a purpose, it never tells the whole story. I heard on a podcast this morning that “your mess is your message.” How fitting.